At IFDA, we’re FAMILY
The International Furnishings and Design Association is a worldwide professional alliance of leaders representing the diverse industries that constitute the universe of residential and commercial furnishings and design.
Founded in 1947, our members are executives of companies that manufacture, distribute, design, write about or sell floor coverings, lighting, decorative fabrics, accessories and building products. Others are engaged in graphic, residential and contract design, education, publishing, licensing, marketing, and communications. Regardless of the field you specialize in, the IFDA member benefits are here to help you succeed.
Thanks to the wide range of specialties in our Chapter we are truly able to assist one another in strengthening our business, education and networks. We hope you will join us and become a part of the Philadelphia Chapter that is over 100 members strong and growing.
IFDA Member Benefits – Philadelphia Chapter
- A listing of your business on our Chapter Website
- Posting(s) on our Social Media outlets including but not limited to Facebook and LinkedIn.
- Networking Opportunities with the design trade
- Updates and information on design events in the area
- Invitations to our design meetings, and business educational talks
- Discounted rates on membership events
- Affiliation with the premier interior design group in the DC Metro area
- Participation in “Giving” programs for Veterans and the Disabled
IFDA Member Benefits – INTERNATIONAL
- A listing in the “Find an Expert” Directory on ifda.com – allowing professionals and consumers to locate you and your business
- Health, life, disability, long-term care and business insurance policies
- Membership in the IFDA Educational Foundation, the philanthropic arm of IFDA.
- Access to Network, IFDA’s Association-wide quarterly newsletter and your IFDA chapter newsletter
- An Industry Pass to the semi-annual High Point Markets
- A Buyers Pass to the semi-annual High Point Markets
- Use of the IFDA official logo and window stickers
- Opportunities for leadership within the international board of directors, your chapter and committees
- The opportunity to become an IFDA Fellow (FIFDA)
- Discounts on GEICO auto, homeowner, condo and other insurance policies
- Complimentary subscription to Window Fashion Vision magazine
- A 10% discount on all flower and gift orders purchased through FTD, the Floral Experts TM
- Discounts on car rental services through the Hertz Membership Program
This category of membership is for individuals who are active in, or affiliated with, the furnishings and design industry; or whose function deals with the design industry exclusively. Others include managers, supervisors, executives or associates who work in a design related field; or who spend less that 50 percent of their time in the design industry. Professional members have full voting rights and membership privileges such as serving on local and national boards and committees. Member dues for Professional Members are $350.00 per calendar year.
Open to any graduate of a 2 or 4-year higher education program or certificate program that applies within 1 year of the date of graduation. The membership period is valid for 2 years. A copy of a transcript documenting graduation within one year of submitting an application for associate membership must be submitted with the membership application. Member dues for Associate Members are $150.00 per calendar year.
Student Members must be currently enrolled and continue to be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in a field related to the design and furnishings industry and not currently working full-time in the design and furnishings field. Proof of current enrollment must accompany the application, as well as a declared major and intended year of graduation. Student members are not eligible to vote or hold office on local or national boards. Membership dues for Student Members are $45 per calendar year. Join IFDA as student member September 1-December 31st and receive the balance of the current membership year and the next membership year of January 1-December 31st for $45.00
This category is not available for “open enrollment” but, any member in good standing for the five preceding years and who has retired from active business in the furnishings and design related fields may, upon written request to the Executive Office, change their status to that of “retired.” Retired members retain a voting membership with full membership privileges except they are ineligible to serve on Association Boards. Retired members are eligible to serve on Chapter Boards except in the position of Chapter President and Chapter President-elect. Membership dues for Retired Members are $75 per calendar year.
Any individual member who has received the IFDA Honorary Recognition Award or Trailblazer Award. Honorary members have voting privileges.
Any member in good standing for the fifty (50) preceding years will be granted status as an “Emeritus Member”. Emeritus Members will no longer be required to pay membership dues. Emeritus Members retain a voting membership with full membership privileges except they are ineligible to serve on Association/Educational Foundation Boards.