BE MORE THAN A MEMBER.
Thanks for your Interest in an IFDA Membership!
Congratulations on taking your first step towards a brighter career and professional support network that will last a lifetime! On this page you’ll find everything you need to purchase an IFDA membership for our Philadelphia Chapter.
All IFDA membership year is based on the anniversary of your join date. For example, if you join IFDA on during the period May 1-May 30. 2017, your IFDA membership will be effective through May 31, 2018. IFDA membership in the Philadelphia chapter is retained by the individual approved for membership and is non-transferrable.
CODE OF ETHICS
IFDA is a non-profit association. Dues are not deductible as a charitable contribution. However, they may be deductible as a business expense. Contributions to the IFDA Educational Foundation are deductible as charitable contributions.
Code of Ethics
Each member of the International Furnishings and Design Association shall conduct her/himself honorably so as to maintain the integrity of the Association. To that end, each member shall adhere to the following rules of conduct and principles guiding membership behavior:
- A member shall abide by the bylaws of both the International and Chapter Organizations and hold membership in the Association as a privilege and a responsibility.
- A member is obligated through personal and professional conduct to uphold and maintain, beyond reproach, the dignity of the Association.
- Only the international organization and its affiliated chapters, who must add proper chapter designation to the name, may officially use the name “International Furnishings and Design Association.”
- A member shall not use her/his position as an officer in the Association, or his/her membership, to gain purely personal advantage in advertising, merchandising or promotion. However, a member may and is encouraged, to use the initials “IFDA” after her/his name on business stationary and business announcements.
- A member shall sponsor for IFDA membership; only those individuals known to have, and to practice the highest professional and ethical standards.
- A member shall recognize and respect the professional standards of other IFDA members and shall encourage a high level of cooperation with allied organizations.
- A member may not use the IFDA Directory as a mailing list for commercial or political purposes, nor permit its use by a non-member for any purpose.
- A member shall fully and honestly represent her/his qualifications at all times.
Adherence to these principles is the obligation of each member and any violation or misconduct that is detrimental to the best interests of the Organization shall be dealt with as provided in Article III, Section 5, of the bylaws.